North Building – 1930
- Architect: Holabird and Root
- 44 Stories
- 750,000 Rentable Square Feet
South Building – 1982
- Architect: Murphy/Jahn Architects
- 22 Stories
- 12th Floor Atrium
- 550,000 Rentable Square Feet
Ownership and Management
- The Chicago Board of Trade Building is owned by Chicago BT Property, LLC.
- The CBOT Building is leased and managed by GlenStar Asset Management, LLC.
The CBOT Building possesses an unrivaled electrical infrastructure including:
- Ten electrical feeds from six ComEd substations with automatic transfer currently producing 42.5 MVH of overall electrical supply
- 5 watts per square foot expandable to 50 + watts per square foot
- Redundant HVAC system by way of both chilled water from Thermal Chicago district cooling and the building’s extensive on-site chiller plant.
- South Building: variable air volume system.
- North Building: hybrid of both constant volume and variable air volume.
State-of-the-art telecommunications infrastructure and
- 15 telecommunications providers
- 20 diverse fiber feeds from 10 unique fiber providers
- Fiber Optic Backbone with native Ethernet
- Cable TV
- Speed and cost advantages with respect to connectivity to CME Globex compared to other office buildings
- Approximetly 70 lbs psf
- Typical slab-to-slab heights are 11′-7 1/2″
- Typical finished ceiling heights 8′-2″ – North Building, 8’6″ -
- Several floors boost ceiling heights in excess of 10-feet
- Floors 1-14 (8 cars) 600 feet per minute
- Floors 14-22 (8 cars) 700 feet per minute
- Floors 22-41 (7 cars) 900 feet per minute
- Floors 1-12 (4 cars) 700 feet per minute
- Floors 12-22 (6 cars) 500 feet per minute
All elevators have direct access to the Trading Floor
- Bottom Line Yoga
- Burling, Chase, Harris and Lakeside Banks
- Ceres Café (Full Service Restaurant & Bar)
- Cellars Market
- Vased Flowers (Florist)
- Franco’s Hair Salon
- Jack Schwartz Imports (Cigar Emporium)
- News & Sundry Shop
- Rosin Eye Care
- Ticket Exchange
- Travel Center
- Onsite Concierge Service
- 24/7/365 Teleconferencing Center
- 24/7/365 Fitness Center
- 24/7/365 Manned Security Environment
- Messenger Center
- Mezza Mediterranean Grill
- The CTA’s Purple, Brown, Green, and Orange lines are all adjacent to the property at LaSalle and Van Buren.
- The Blue line is two blocks east
- The Red line is three blocks east
- METRA Rock Island: 1 block south
- METRA Union Station: 3.5 blocks west
- METRA Electric and South Shore Line: 5 blocks east
- METRA Ogilvie Station: 6.5 blocks northwest
- Other METRA facilities at Union and Northwestern Stations are within easy walking distance
- Tenants only access to the adjacent CME owned garage with indoor access.
- The Traders Garage conveniently located 1.5 blocks from the building.
The entire North Building is designated a Chicago Landmark and the Lobby along with the north facade are on the National Register of Historic Places.
Renovation of Historic
- $19+ million exterior and interior renovation
- Meticulous preservation of historic Jackson Boulevard main lobby
- Fire and life safety upgrades
- Full elevator modernization including 23 new cabs in the North Building
- Complete façade restoration and cleaning
The Chicago Board of Trade Building has been the recipient of the following awards for the renovation and property management excellence.
- LEED Silver Certified 2016
- Regional BOMA 2014/2015 TOBY Award in Renovated Building Category
- Local BOMA 2014/2015 TOBY Award in Renovated Building Category
- International Building Owners and Managers
- Association (BOMA) 2007/2008 Office Building of the Year (TOBY) Award in Historic Category
- Regional BOMA 2007/2008 TOBY in Historic Category
- Local BOMA 2007/2008 TOBY in Historic Category
- Friends of Downtown – 2008 Renovation Award
- International Association of Lighting Designers – 2007 IALD Award – Citation for use of modern technology to accurately replicate historic lighting design
- City of Chicago – 2007 Chicago Landmark Award – Preservation Excellence – Exterior/Interior Renovation
- Landmarks Illinois – 2006 Outstanding Commitment to Historic Preservation
- Local BOMA 2006/2007 TOBY in Renovation Category
- BOMA 360 Designation